Thursday 4 August 2011

A Song - “Black No 1 (Little Miss Scare-All)” by Type O Negative

Time to review an absolute classic from the Goth/Doom Metal legends that are Type O Negative with the stunningly Nosferatu-esque vocals of the late, great and much-missed Pete Steele...a giant man-mountain who showed what it would have looked like if Frankenstein's monster had been bitten by a vampire.

This is one of my Wife (my beloved Pharaoh's) and I’s favourite songs by this band (we have several - of which more in the coming days, weeks and months). This song manages to have a fun tongue-in-cheek outlook with lyrics that use oh so many Gothic cliches to devastatingly funny effect….lyrics that refer to Lily Munster have to be a classic right?

There are so many classic lines in this song not least of which is “her perfume smells like – burning leaves”…and of course the opening line “I went looking for trouble and boy - I found her”….through to the aforementioned “oh baby, Lilly Munster – ain’t got nothing on you”…a line I sometimes quote to my beloved Wife. (Yes I am and always shall be your Herman)

Well, here’s a link I found to the video on youtube. I hope you enjoy this classic from one of the groups of founding fathers of the Gothic Metal movement….with a huge dash of mischievous fun thrown in.


Until next time my Children of the Night.....DO have nightmares!

..and an amazon link for UK guests:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000HDRAHQ/ref=as_li_tf_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=thegotharstom-21&linkCode=as2&camp=1634&creative=6738&creativeASIN=B000HDRAHQ

No comments:

Post a Comment